- 3D shapes: cube, cylinder, sphere and polyhedron
- Transformations: translate, rotate, scale, resize, mirror, multmatrix, hull, color
- Boolean Operations: union, difference and intersection
- Functions: norm, cross, lookup, str, , version, version_num and mathematical functions
- Other: echo, for, intersection_for, if, assign, projection, surface
- File Import: DXF and STL (ASCII and binary)
- User defined variables and special variables : $fa, $fs and $fn
- User defined functions and Math functions
- Modifier character * (disable)
Changes in Version 0.01
- Initial Release
Changes in Version 0.02
- Bug fixes
Changes in Version 0.03
- Bug fixes
Changes in Version 0.04
- 2D shapes (circle, square, polygon)
- 2D boolean operations
- Nested for loops (i.e. for(i=[1:5],j=[1:5]) )
Changes in Version 2014.11.13
Changed version format to more closely match OpenSCAD
-search (partial support)
Changes in Version 2014.01.16
- Improved error handling a little bit. This version should crash less and give better error messages.
- Fixed folder navigation for devices with internal storage and SD card or multiple SD cards.
Changes in Version 2015.03.28
- Changed appearance of buttons in the model view
- Improved DXF reading, DXF import now supports files using BLOCKS and INSERT
Changes in Version 2015.06.15
- Corrected some special case inputs for cube()
- Corrected behavior of "d=" and "r=" for cylinder()
Changes in Version 2015.07.18
- Fixed editor bug that resulted in extra carriage returns in DOS format text files
- Editor now remembers your last editing position when switching between model and edit screens and during screen rotations.
- Improved error message when a closing character "},),]' is missing
Changes in Version 2015.08.11
- ScorchCAD now remembers settings and the current file name between sessions.
- Console displays some model size information after build.
- Fixed a few bugs in the "include" and "use" functionality.
- Detects and prevents infinite loops resulting from incestuous include calls.
Changes in Version 2015.08.17
- Fixed crashing due to to special characters like '=' in strings. (e.g. strings used in echo statements.)
Changes in Version 2016.03.09
- Fixed bug related to negative signs preceding variables names
- Added support for Conditional ? (value = a==b ? value_if_true : value_if_false)
Changes in Version 2016.05.01
- Added menu in editor to allow turning off auto-complete (auto-complete causes problems for some people)
- Fixed "scale"option for "linear_extrude" function
- Cleaned up main drop-down menu
Changes in Version 2016.05.04
- Changed default setting to auto complete disabled because auto complete results in crashes on some devices. Auto complete can be turned back on in the Editor menu.
- Added dialog boxes warning before code editor is erased when clear code editor is selected.
- Added option to create a link to an external file. When a file is linked an external editor can be used to modify the external file between model builds.
Changes in Version 2015.08.27
- Fixed problem with IF - ELSE IF - ELSE constructs
- Improved handling of undefined variables
Use ScorchCAD as you would OpenSCAD. The syntax is the same (for supported functions).
To get to the code editor or console windows use the buttons on the bottom of the screen.
In addition You can open STL files using the open button. The OpenSCAD code required to open the selected file will automatically overwrite anything in the editor window. Similarly you can also open DXF files using the open menu.
To inspect the displayed model:
-Rotate the model with one finger using the touch screen
-Pinch to zoom using two fingers
-Use three fingers on the screen to pan left/right, up/down.
ScorchCAD uses QuickHull3D written by John E. Lloyd, Ph. D. to perform the hull operation.